Wednesday 16 May 2012

My Son's Wedding

I thought I would post a couple of pictures of my son's wedding in the N W USA last week. He has married a wonderful American girl who he has had leave behind while she waits for her UK Visa to be issued, (hopefully about 4-5 weeks). We went over to the USA for two weeks and have just about recovered from the journey and time difference. Her parents really made us feel at home and we saw some beautiful countryside while we were there.
Incidently I made all 4 waistcoats in Lilac Silk Dupion and the Bride's Bolero in Ivory satin to match her dress.



The Bride and Groom 






                The Bride and Groom with th Best Man (Grooms Brother) and Bridesmaid (Brides best friend)





With both sets of Parents (Grooms father, Brides Mother, Bride and Groom, Brides father and Me)





This is the Parchment Craft card I made for them. It took many hours and 2 or 3 goes to get it right. It is an 8" square card so quite large. The pattern is one I found in a Parchment Craft Magazine and I mounted it on purple pearlescent card. The theme for the wedding was Butterflies and Dragonflies in purple and green.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Anne

5 comments:

  1. wow what an incredible card, so much work. lovely wedding pics too
    Debbi
    xx
    p.s. thanks for your entry into my blog candy - but you need to leave a comment on my post on the letraset blog to be entered into the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning photos Anne, you look so glamorous in lilac, love yiur husbands waistcoat to match...beautiful card I bet they loved it
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely wedding photo's, you look very glamorous.Beautiful card I am sure they will treasure it for ever.

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card lovley colours.Something to really treasure.Hugs Sheila.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is fabulous and you look gorgeous in your outfit!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments, they are really appreciated.
Anne